Express Global Logistics’s 300 employees with its various subsidiaries were working with a legacy email solution. Their on-cloud mail server was becoming a challenge to administer, manage, and keep secure. On top of that, the platform was severely limiting users when it came to flexibility and mobility. Challenges like multiple conferencing tools used in the organization for meeting created confusion leading to inefficiencies. Softline’s experts investigated the system and users and revealed a number of issues which were compromising the business.
1. Complex & cumbersome to manage
The incompatibility of mailing solutions seriously impacted file sharing, formatting, mail receipt, etc. This, in turn, impacted the productivity of the workforce and led to delays even in routine work.
2. Limited storage and mobility
The existing on-premises solution only had a limited storage allowance. That meant employees would have to constantly delete emails. The result? Significant data loss.
3. Compromised data security
Lack of accessibility across different devices and locations. Because Express Global Logistics were using a legacy email software solution, they were missing out on several key security features, including filelevel policies, multi-factor authentication, and user-level permissions.
4. Fractured collaboration and communication
The lack of a centralized document management system meant that time was being wasted and productivity was lower than it could be.
Once we had flagged up these issues, it was clear that Express Global Logistics had a pressing business need for a secure, scalable, and integrated email solution with conferencing solution for collaborating and managing documents. Luckily, Softline knew exactly the right solution for the company – O365.
For those who haven’t looked into O365, the level of customization on offer can be quite disconcerting, especially if you’re trying to match it to your business needs and replace a legacy platform without letting your business grind to a halt in the process. In the case of Express Global Logistics, Softline had already done all of The Solution the research required to be able to suggest exactly the right solution for their needs and budget – O365 Business Basic & Business Standard. We were also able to plan the implementation in such a way that the company would avoid any downtime.
The biggest challenge we came up against was migrating the company’s data to Exchange Online mailboxes without losing anything along the way or jamming up the company’s workflow in the process. Thanks to our careful planning before implementation, the shift went off without a hitch. Once we had moved everything over to Exchange Online, we turned our focus to getting the company’s file server data set up on SharePoint Online, and OneDrive and Microsoft Intune. We configure all these platforms so that they will protect access to corporate data from employee devices – a major security flaw in their legacy solution. This helped improve operational efficiency and mobility, as well as providing enhanced protection and mitigating risks.
From day one, Softline’s M365 implementation made it easier for Express Global Logistics’s employees to store big files and data easily on the cloud without putting any load on their internal systems, doing away with their restrictive mail environment and improving overall productivity.
The company also saw a huge reduction in costs by switching to Teams instead of telephone calls. Users are now able to upload their work documents to OneDrive and access them from any device, wherever they are. On a day to day basis, making this change has resulted in a number of visible benefits for the company, including:
- Better collaboration and support for the leadership team. With our 24*7 support services, the top-level management issues for support have been resolved. M365 provided them with a controlled environment for sharing documents with user-based permissions. Collaboration for top management has become easier and more effective.
- Seamless and unified comms. A single platform for emails, group calls, file sharing & many more to explore.
- O-365 Hybrid setup. We have multiple companies using the legacy system, our hybrid connector designed in office 365 for Express Global Logistics group seamlessly working for 300+ users.
- Improved collaboration. Microsoft Teams enabled instant communication for top management, eliminating time delays in execution and decision-making. Implementing OneDrive and SharePoint meant easier document sharing, enhanced security, and the opportunity for teams to collaborate in real time.
- Improved Productivity. M365 has helped employees access all the commonly used email features, irrespective of which device they’re using, where they are, or the network they’re on.
- Secure Data Storage and Backups. Express Global Logistics can now store big files and data easily on the cloud without putting any load on the internal systems.
A well-detailed project plan and timely execution combined with indepth knowledge of the technology and product helped Express Global Logistics to migrate on schedule. Jacob .C. James , Dy. GM, HOD IT and Digital services, Express Global Logistics
“This project is a great example of how Microsoft solutions can be combined and customised to maximise teamwork and creativity within a data-heavy environment.” Kiran Babu, Director - Solutions Sales, Softline India.